• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your favorite MLB team?

So I just wanna bring up how incredible the 2011 world series was... Yes, I'm a Cards fan. Not a bandwagon fan either. My dad taught me to like them from a young age. But seriously, any baseball fan can appreciate the Cards' late season run to even make the playoffs. and then make it to the WS and come back from being down to their last strike TWICE in game 6. absolutely INSANE!!!

Upvote 0
So I just wanna bring up how incredible the 2011 world series was... Yes, I'm a Cards fan. Not a bandwagon fan either. My dad taught me to like them from a young age. But seriously, any baseball fan can appreciate the Cards' late season run to even make the playoffs. and then make it to the WS and come back from being down to their last strike TWICE in game 6. absolutely INSANE!!!

BOOOOOOOO!!!! (reds fan here, :))

:) That was pretty ****ing amazing. I was watching (and yes, rooting against them) and just could NOT believe how close they came to losing.

I gotta say, Reds with best record in Majors 20 games after Votto went down is downright amazing to me.

The real test is this weekend for my redlegs. We haven't done well against pirates this year, we really need to assert ourselves this weekend.

@Hitman - thoughts on Broxton? I really don't know much about him coming from Royals (royals right?)

Upvote 0

:) That was pretty ****ing amazing. I was watching (and yes, rooting against them) and just could NOT believe how close they came to losing.

I gotta say, Reds with best record in Majors 20 games after Votto went down is downright amazing to me.

The real test is this weekend for my redlegs. We haven't done well against pirates this year, we really need to assert ourselves this weekend.

@Hitman - thoughts on Broxton? I really don't know much about him coming from Royals (royals right?)

I'm still surprised the Pirates and McCutcheon are playing so well. I would have never thought he had MVP play in him. Gold glove, definitely, but not MVP. In any event, Reds are playing some good ball right now, and like I said.. Latos will settle down and when he does that's when your team will flourish - look what happened :)

Broxton is legit. He's a closer primarily, but the Reds don't want to switch Chapman out since he's been lights out (which makes sense). He was with the Dodgers for YEARS then got traded to the Royals last season. He's been lights out too. I had him in fantasy until he was traded to the Reds. He pretty much lost all fantasy value at that point.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

Not the same after the Steroid thing

Upvote 0
In other terrible news, CC to the 15-DL w/ elbow soreness. Not a good sign.
Yeah, hopefully it's nothing big. He insisted he wants to only stay the minimum time on the DL and wants to pitch right away after coming back.
Could we get hit with the injury bug any more!?
Actually yes - we could be Toronto. :p

Upvote 0
Yeah, hopefully it's nothing big. He insisted he wants to only stay the minimum time on the DL and wants to pitch right away after coming back.

Actually yes - we could be Toronto. :p

I mean.. for all the key injuries we have had this season - we have found ways to play extremely well. In any event, Toronto is terrible as it is. They need a new manager, and to invest in better pitching. That bullpen is terrible.

Upvote 0
I mean.. for all the key injuries we have had this season - we have found ways to play extremely well. In any event, Toronto is terrible as it is. They need a new manager, and to invest in better pitching. That bullpen is terrible.
Eh, I mean, the only season-ending injuries we've had are Gardner and Pineda. All our other injuries we've had have been relatively minor: Tex's bronchitis, Swisher's groin pull, CC's elbow. I'd rank A-Rod's hand and Andy's ankle above those, obviously, but we'll see both of them again before the end of the season. Grandy, Jeter, Cano, Martin, lots of other key guys have totally avoided the DL. Grandy and Cano in particular are very impressive for their durability, I don't think I can name a single time either of those guys have hit the DL.

Blue Jays, on the other hand, are on pace to break the record of most time having pitchers on the DL. Their rotation is hurting without Morrow and all the other guys, and I'm sure their bullpen would be much better if Santos was there closing out games.

Upvote 0
Eh, I mean, the only season-ending injuries we've had are Gardner and Pineda. All our other injuries we've had have been relatively minor: Tex's bronchitis, Swisher's groin pull, CC's elbow. I'd rank A-Rod's hand and Andy's ankle above those, obviously, but we'll see both of them again before the end of the season. Grandy, Jeter, Cano, Martin, lots of other key guys have totally avoided the DL. Grandy and Cano in particular are very impressive for their durability, I don't think I can name a single time either of those guys have hit the DL.

Blue Jays, on the other hand, are on pace to break the record of most time having pitchers on the DL. Their rotation is hurting without Morrow and all the other guys, and I'm sure their bullpen would be much better if Santos was there closing out games.

That is accurate. Neither have ever hit the DL. Don't forget about Mariano's injury. We got lucky that we just so happened to have Soriano in the pen. If things went the way Cashman wanted, we would never have had Soriano on our roster at all. I'll just call it a blessing in disguise lol.

Upvote 0
That is accurate. Neither have ever hit the DL. Don't forget about Mariano's injury. We got lucky that we just so happened to have Soriano in the pen.
Ah, quite true. And Joba had his ankle injury (on top of the TJ recovery), and Robertson was gone for a while as well. Okay, I guess we've had a significant number of people go down. :p

EDIT: I just want to add that I think it really speaks to Girardi's managerial prowess that he so deftly manages a lineup with several aging players and gives guys like Jeter and A-Rod and Chavez enough rest that they don't injure themselves. Props to him.

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0
Ah, quite true. And Joba had his ankle injury (on top of the TJ recovery), and Robertson was gone for a while as well. Okay, I guess we've had a significant number of people go down. :p

EDIT: I just want to add that I think it really speaks to Girardi's managerial prowess that he so deftly manages a lineup with several aging players and gives guys like Jeter and A-Rod and Chavez enough rest that they don't injure themselves. Props to him.

I still think The Binder relies too much on statistics, and over-manages the squad, but that's just my opinion.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones