• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your favorite MLB team?

It looks like you may have a wait on your hands... It will likely take the Royals another 29 years to make it to the big dance. I hope you can wait that long.
Sorry about the Cards loss.

It was poor managing... wach is not a closer or saving picther. Especially after not pitching for that long. O well 4th straight appearance in the nlcs cant really complain. I will just be on the KC bandwagon for the next 7 games

Upvote 0
Seriously... nothing from this season? My Reds have been stinking it up so I have an excuse, lol.
Been there, you have my sympathies. Now we have Cueto! But don't feel too bad about it. You got 3 quality lefty prospects so we could just rent him for a while.

We're headed for another I-70 series like in '85 GO ROYALS!

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Been there, you have my sympathies. Now we have Cueto! But don't feel too bad about it. You got 3 quality lefty prospects so we could just rent him for a while.

We're headed for another I-70 series like in '85 GO ROYALS!

I heard the tribute the Reds did for Cueto yesterday was pretty awesome.

But hell yea, hopefully he can help you all get over the hump!

Upvote 0
PqE2Ol4A.jpg

Upvote 0
Wow, this thread died. :(

Anyway, you all know my son plays baseball. What you may not know is the intense history of the town he plays in and the field he plays on. This is a story about when a local magnate almost outbid Tom Yawkey for the Red Sox. Interesting tidbits, the league here in the 20s was as talented as any league in the country. Casey Stengal was a manager in the area. The Yankees and Red Sox played an exhibition game on our field just before the Red Sox played in the World Series. What a different time.

Schuster remained an avid Red Sox fan after Yawkey bought the team and was so influential in baseball circles, that he was able to get the Sox and Yankees to play a memorable exhibition game in Douglas in September, 1946, just days before Boston opened the World Series against the St. Louis Cardinals.

http://www.telegram.com/news/201805...d-schuster-didnt-balk-at-asking-price-in-1932

A more historical piece here.
http://www.hope1842.com/hhist09-11-15.html

Sorry, I'm a baseball fan, an avid history buff, and a local historian, so this stuff excites me.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones