• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's Your Favorite Weather App?

Where I'm at,I can pretty accurately predict the weather: tomorrow will be hot.

So will the day after that, and the day after that.

Sometime in late October it will get mild, then some rain in November followed by foggy mornings.

Annual rainfall for the year is approximately eleven inches, almost all of that in the winter months.

Upvote 0
Where I'm at,I can pretty accurately predict the weather: tomorrow will be hot.

So will the day after that, and the day after that.

Sometime in late October it will get mild, then some rain in November followed by foggy mornings.

Annual rainfall for the year is approximately eleven inches, almost all of that in the winter months.
Uh...yeah apps are a bit more than that ;)

Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
Uh...yeah apps are a bit more than that ;)
I agree: some apps have advertising, while looking out the window... oh, wait. Yup, there's a billboard. [emoji14]

Seriously, though, I have two apps which provide conflicting information; one is optimistic as all grout and the purge equally pessimistic, so I average the two and hope for the best. The radar feature sometimes works, but it's basically a link to the website, and so I don't really consider that a 'feature' of the app.

Upvote 0
I would think it would affect how the app performs if you took away the permissions needed.
It might, depending on whether the app really needs them, or needs them for a feature you use. I'm still on Lollipop, so have to use root and a separate app to block permissions, but that also tells me that many of the permissions apps are given are never used. And if I block location or Internet access I generally have a good idea of what sort of effect that might have.

Though I admit that if an app's permissions seem particularly inappropriate I will take the simpler option of not installing it in the first place ;).

Reactions: Phoenix777
Upvote 0
I agree: some apps have advertising, while looking out the window... oh, wait. Yup, there's a billboard. [emoji14]

Seriously, though, I have two apps which provide conflicting information; one is optimistic as all grout and the purge equally pessimistic, so I average the two and hope for the best. The radar feature sometimes works, but it's basically a link to the website, and so I don't really consider that a 'feature' of the app.
Yeah personal preference. Accurate apps take out the guesswork.

Upvote 0
It might, depending on whether the app really needs them, or needs them for a feature you use. I'm still on Lollipop, so have to use root and a separate app to block permissions, but that also tells me that many of the permissions apps are given are never used. And if I block location or Internet access I generally have a good idea of what sort of effect that might have.

Though I admit that if an app's permissions seem particularly inappropriate I will take the simpler option of not installing it in the first place ;).

How do you like Lollipop? I'm guessing you love since you're still running it. I'm still running KitKat. lol :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
How do you like Lollipop? I'm guessing you love since you're still running it. I'm still running KitKat. lol :thumbsupdroid:
Not at all. There just aren't a lot of Marshmallow ROMs for my phone, and I've other things to do at the moment rather than experiment with those there are. So I'm really on Lollipop by default, and will probably move on when I next upgrade my phone (which may be a few weeks or it may be a year, depending on how things go).

Upvote 0
I upgraded to 4.4.4 :) and I am very happy again.

5.1.1 broke things I use, and MM broke some more things that I use a lot...

now, all is well again in my world... and, Verizon can't do a darn thing about it. :D
Upgraded to 4.4? Don't you mean downgraded? lol Yep, I'm running 4.4. (KitKat) too...love it. Wouldn't change a thing.:thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
I bought Accuweather, so no ads. It still isn't complete, but I added a widget to it's website just for the frontal maps and jet stream. Get that through the browser. I do get whatever ads are on the web page, but have shut off the sound. Weather fronts can affect my sinus trouble.

I also have NOAA which does discuss weather in full. Has fairly decent radar.

I have the original Weatherbug on one tablet. That and WU seem to want to be social apps now. They are now a no-go on any device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't like having weather widgets on my phone so I can't help you there, but with that said, I use WeatherBug elite, paid version. I just want to be able to open the app and check the weather and forecast for the areas I have chosen.
I use a separate, also paid, radar app, PYKL3 Radar. I need an accurate radar that I can check for multiple areas to help with birding during migration seasons.
Both apps have shortcuts on my home screen for easy access.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nice
Screenshot_2016-09-06-00-26-18.png

Upvote 0
I've been using Weatherbug (Elite) as a shortcut through Beautiful Widgets for years. Their weather app choices are Accuweather and Weather Underground. Neither of those ever shows the correct temperature but a quick tap takes me straight to Weatherbug. That app is accurate. At least for me. And Beautiful Widgets lets you choose your appearance so it's not ugly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones