• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whatsapp backing up every day

JamesUK

Jul 15, 2012
Device: Galaxy S7. I've used Whatsapp for years and always had (and still have) Back up to Google drive set to only when I click 'back up'. Just over a week ago, I enabled end-to-end encrypted backup, it seemed fine. But since then, every morning my phone shows for some time (10-20 mins) Backup in progress as notification. Also below the 'back up' button it reads Your backup is being end-to-end encrypted for the first time. This process can take a while. Which seems strange as I thought this had completed over a week ago.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Device: Galaxy S7. I've used Whatsapp for years and always had (and still have) Back up to Google drive set to only when I click 'back up'. Just over a week ago, I enabled end-to-end encrypted backup, it seemed fine. But since then, every morning my phone shows for some time (10-20 mins) Backup in progress as notification. Also below the 'back up' button it reads Your backup is being end-to-end encrypted for the first time. This process can take a while. Which seems strange as I thought this had completed over a week ago.
Sometimes it might take them ages to upload.. Just clear out the cache.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones