1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Whatsapp closes on my main contact

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Marc Couture, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Marc Couture

Marc Couture Lurker

Hello, since some times now, I have difficulty to open, read, and see pictures of one of my contact (my wife who is in Peru - I am in Canada). I can call her and do a video call but each time I click on her upcoming messages, I receive the message: The whatsapp application stopped..... I have to reboot from my icons and her photo and contact comes back with all other contacts but for her I still can't open messages. For all others I am fine. Would you know if the problem is at my end or hers? And what could be done...

I completely remove the application last week but when I downloaded it again, same result.

Thanks, Marc

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I think it's more likely that it's at your end, but don't know for sure. It could be that there's something in one of the messages that's crashing the app. I can only speculate really.

What happens if you use the WhatsApp companion app on a computer? This requires your phone is connected to the internet as well (and has WhatsApp installed), but as it's a different app running on a different operating system there's a decent chance that this will not suffer the same problem.

3. Marc Couture

Marc Couture Lurker

Thank you very much. If it is linked to a message received in the past from my wife, can I erase all messages and pictures from her and see if the problem is solved?
    Marc

4. Marc Couture

Marc Couture Lurker

Because everything is fine with other members of her family.

BlackBerry Priv Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews