• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help whatsapp delete profile photo

I've got a google nexus 5x and I can't delete my whatsapp photo. When I go to whatsapp > 3 dots > settings > select my photo > pencil icon >

I only get the options to choose a photo or take one using the camera app. There is no option to remove photo!!

how on earth am I supposed to delete my whatsapp profile photo. My phone uses the official google photos app by default as my gallery if that changes anything? this is the way the phone was shipped

Reactions: satyamkumarjee98
Stick a blank image on your phone and upload that as your profile photo? Or a single pixel gif?

Though I don't know what the problem is: I just checked and mine has "remove photo" as a third option. You've not tried to scroll the list of options or rotating the device (in case there's some odd display glitch and it's off the bottom of your screen)?

I don't think that the gallery app should matter. Even the phone model shouldn't really.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones