1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Whatsapp Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xbroogw1, Dec 29, 2011.

1. xbroogw1

xbroogw1 Well-Known Member

Ive just downloaded Whatsapp and its very cool, but have one problem.

How can i tell if my contacts are online? Do I have to go into each contact individually and check? On MSN if your contact is online the will have a green dot next to their name.

Does Whatsapp do anything similar?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. muddasick

muddasick Newbie

Hello, whatsapp is like BBM, once your phone is on you're online. No need to check to seeif your friends are on... Just send your message.

3. xbroogw1

I have no idea how BBM works. Ive never owned a Blackberry.

Is my phone always logged on to Whatsapp or do I have to open the app to be online?

4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

You are always on. And will get a message as long as your data line is on. If not, you will receive the msg when you on the data line.

5. xbroogw1

Thanks for your reply. So there is no way that I can just go online when I want or appear offline like MSN?

The only way to be offline is to not be connected to the internet?

6. Russell Ng

You could always change the status, that is if anyone bothered to look at it. No one would know if you are online or not. Its like seeing your phone number. They won't know if your phone is on for example.

7. sam142000

sam142000 Well-Known Member

Yes there is a way to check if your friend is online.
    When you click on their name in the app.....if they are online just below their name it will be written "online", if they are not online the date and time when they were last online will be written.

8. Russell Ng

Need to go into the contact list to see that though. When I go to watsapp, I go to the chat screen and that doesn't show status. Have to go to the contact screen to see status.

Anyway to have watsapp show the contact screen first? That would be preferable for me actually...

9. ilordvader

ilordvader Well-Known Member

Hello
    Need to know how to set that PLEASE

10. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Open Whatsapp, then Menu/Status and choose.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews