• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WhatsApp Messenger: Not Bad

Delicious1013

Lurker
Feb 17, 2011
I recently moved from a BB (Storm 2) to an Android (Moto Defy) and was used to having BBM (BlackBerry Messenger). With this app I don't miss BBM so much. I'm still able to send international messages without getting extra charges to my friends and family with BB, iPhone, and Android. It has a few glitches? at times... Messages don't always go through, but when it does work I love it. I?m able to send text, voicenotes, pics, emoticons, videos etc. Only thing that's missing are display pics.
Some BB users have complained of not being able to send emoticons.

Hi,

I just downloaded "whatsapp" on my android phone (LG Optimus T).

So far I only see the "paperclip button" which I do not know what is about and the "magnifying glass button" which I suppose is search for contacts.

Qs: How do I go into settings, like if I want to change the incoming text tone louder etc.

Thanks.
/jonie72

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones