1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Whatsapp pic date created earlier than date modified?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ghostanime2001, Mar 8, 2022.

1. ghostanime2001

Hello everyone,

For a whatsapp photo received from another contact in my samsung galaxy note 8, why is the date created later than date modified? (please see the picture attached)

upload_2022-3-8_18-30-20.png

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Dannydet likes this.
  3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Did someone send it to you from a different time zone?

Or the clocks on the two phones are 3 or 4 minutes off.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. ghostanime2001

No, these aren't random files I am not posting this for shits and giggles so obviously there is a practical reason why because they are family photos taken on a vacation. Of course other posts didn't receive a reply so thats why im posting AGAIN. If you can take a look yourself you can clearly see with your eyes. Smdh.

Yes, from halfway across the world from Toronto, ON, CAN + 10 hours. The picture was sent from another user to me, so is that the reason why the time is off because the sender's phone might be a few minutes off? Have you tested this in an experiment betwene 2 phones? It could be plausable now that you mention it... let me see if I can use my two phones as a test

[Edit] - it didn't work I set my s8 time forwards by 5 minutes and my note 8 time forwards by 10-15 minutes sill the date created and date modified remain the same. From reading other articles on google, it seems like the date created is only changed/updated when it's being moved or copied. So im wondering how can this photo be moved or relocated on my note 8 when it was directly sent from a user on whatsapp and why does the date created need to be changed....

#4 ghostanime2001, Mar 8, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  5. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Expert

Don't you mean an earlier date though, since you are on windows, can't you just click on it and see it? Making things really simple for you.

6. ghostanime2001

what? the date created has time of 5:17 PM whereas date modified has time of 5:15 PM so I do mean that the date created is created later in time...

7. Milo Williamson

The screen you have posted is from windows.
    I am looking at the full image. Here is an example of one of my images:

upload_2022-3-8_22-59-0.png

8. Milo Williamson

That is by default.

9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Windoze is showing incorrect information about the file? Just a guess, as I don't use that myself.

10. ghostanime2001

I also am using windows 10 and I imported the photo using

upload_2022-3-9_0-7-33.png

The image titled "IMG-20191103-WA0003" on note 8 before being imported using the above method:

upload_2022-3-9_0-9-29.png

After importing image titled "IMG-20191103-WA0003" on C drive:

upload_2022-3-9_0-18-47.png

Attached Files:

11. Milo Williamson

Are you only worried about the time frame, when I always use USB with my Moto with my Win 10,it always displays different time,I was showing you that in the example.

12. ghostanime2001

I am not using USB, I am using my desktop PC with win 10 and my samsung galaxy note 8. In the above, problem, yes for that particular picture only the time is affected but there are other pictures for which the date created AND time are later than date modified. I am trying to understand why whatsap did that and what caused it to happen....

Milo Williamson likes this.
  13. Milo Williamson

Oh sorry you where up late as well typing this up too, I fell half asleep when glancing on my monitor.

14. ghostanime2001

No worries, sometimes I am more creative at night than in the morning lol

Milo Williamson likes this.
  15. Milo Williamson

https://ccm.net/forum/whatsapp-209 try to look at the problem with this, I am not familiar with whatsapp :)

16. ghostanime2001

I've made a post on that forum

17. ghostanime2001

I still haven't received a reply from that forum. Does anyone have any idea about this ? Also, i narrowed down the search results and found out that there are several images (approx 20-30 images) within my s8 or note 8 that ALL have the same date created which also appear to be after the date modified. The only time which I know of when the date created is later in time and have the same date and time is when those pictures are moved or copied to/from somewhere else ?? Any possible suggestions for this?

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 release date was September 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

September 2017
Release Date
Reviews