1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Whatsapp restore error on new phone, stucks at %24

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Cursed Chico, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Cursed Chico

Cursed Chico Member

My old phone is mi5s plus xiaomi

New phone is red mi note 9 pro.

I both uploaded to drive and put to local. Then put to pc and get from pc to red mi note 9 pro.

I tried everything here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t3816605/page3

I have problem at %31 or %24 while restoring.

I disable wifi, skip drive backup restoration and make it to read from local. It says "restoring messages" and at %31 , it stops. Sometimes at%24. There is only crypt file. Please help me to fix.

Size is 1.25 gb but whatsapp shows 3.9 gb to restore. in whatsapp folder, there is 3.9 data.
    I tried lots of things but it keeps failing.
    Should i enable wifi in the old phone? it has still disab7
    led wifi and so that is why whatsapp did not logout. If i enable wifi, can it logout whatapp because i verified at other phone? Maybe i can backup again

2. Cursed Chico

Cursed Chico Member

I fixed. I tried for days. Every time I requested a new verification code, the time I had to wait increased every time. Last time, it was 49 hours. Luckily, I fixed and did not wait so much.
    I tried lots of time but i will tell what i did for latest try.
    Firstly, I deleted drive backup. I did not disable sycn or google accounts.
    I had 2 local backups. Deleted one.
    And maybe those are important: I gave all permissions from settings to whatsapp. I gave also autostart permission and I gave no battery restriction.
    Sim card is on different phone. This is not important i think.
    I started to restore. It restored local backup. When it came to %24, i was worried. So, I switched to screens once a second, to settings screen.
    Normally it was showing 3.9 gb at first. But when it reached %24, it was 3.18 gb when I was switching to settings screen, i saw it. And 2.5 millions messages are restored and it is 3.18 gb.
    I waited it to be 3.9 gb when it was at %24. So that is why i was switching to check but it did not stuck this time. Maybe because i was switching.
    Maybe because i removed from drive. This was the first time i tried after removing from drive.
    So, switching a lot of times between settings of whatsapp and restoring screen, showed succesfull screen at last. IT said "restored 2.5 millions messaged"
    I was shocked. I went to check. 5 days ago, i wrote last message and that 5 days messages also came.
    If it was stuck again, i would force stop and continue without waiting restore. I read it from somewhere. But i fixed, i am happy :)

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I moved this to the Whatsapp channel. :)

Cursed Chico likes this.

WhatsApp Messenger

WhatsApp Messenger Forum

com.whatsapp

WhatsApp from Facebook WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages. WHY USE WHATSAPP: • NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp. • MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages. • FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp). • GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family. • WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser. • NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.* • SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book. • ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out. • QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames. • OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app. • AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more! *Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. --------------------------------------------------------- We're always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at: android-support@whatsapp.com or follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/WhatsApp @WhatsApp ---------------------------------------------------------

READ MORE
March 18, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5B+
Installs