• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

whatsapp time stamp vs download date

allen6969

Lurker
Jun 27, 2018
so i have a gf that said she was using the whatsapp temporarily because her gf was traveling out of the country and this app worked, where as her gf phone texting could not. Anyway..i asked her if she was still on it and she said she hadnt been no. I didnt ask her if she unistalled it...or just stopped using it. So months later, i had forgotten all about it. My friend from out of state asked me to use this app thats so fast, and it was whatsapp...so i download it..and i see my gf come up as a user....didnt think too much about it....then i seen her last time stamp was in may...which added up because that was roughly the time period her gf was away. Then i clicked on her profile...and looked into it. There is said by her info. "hey there! im using whatsapp, june 10. puzzling...how could her last time stamp say a previous month..but her info states june 10th. anyone enlighten me.

btw its a android...and you have to go to the contact upper right corner to the 3 dots click on View contact to get the info. Im assuming this info is when you joined or downloaded the app. Whats strange is the time stamp is a month before (may) than when it said she joined whatsapp on june 10. how could that be?

ive looked at my other contacts that are using the app...and there joining date is inline with their last seen time stamp....only hers is *** backwards.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones