• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whatsapp visibility

CarrieT

Lurker
Sep 2, 2021
I joined Whatsapp solely because others in a group I belong to use it and it would make it awkward for them if I didn't. I immediately uninstalled it when I saw that all the people in my contacts list who are on Whatsapp suddenly became visible to me which means that I also became visible as a Whatsapp user to those whose contacts list I am in. I have very good reasons for not wanting certain family members on my contacts list to be able to contact me or know anything about me but have to keep them in my contacts in case I need to contact them in extremis, and I know I am still in their contacts lists. Hence, I don't want them seeing that I am on Whatsapp. Is there any way I can use the app without them seeing I am on it?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones