1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Whatsapp...?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ØstKyst315, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ØstKyst315

ØstKyst315 Lurker
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Ehhh so I've searchbarred this and found nothing tailored to my specific situation..
    I'm in the US, and trying to message with my friend in Turkey. She has a Blackberry, I have an Android incredible (and a xoom, although whatsapp isn't in the tablet market, and the .apk from 4shared wouldn't load). She uses whatsapp, so I downloaded it, and it sent me an SMS with a 3-digit number in it, and no further instructions. The homescreen suggests that I start messaging contacts that use whatsapp, but apparently none of them do yet. I really just want to compose a message in a manner that allows me to manually imput the number rather than use a contact, is there a way to do this?
    I tried as well going to her contact page in my people, composing a message and selecting "through whatsapp" and sending it that way, but I'm not sure if she got it or if it will charge me?

The layout of this program is incredibly confusing me, could someone help?

Advertisement

2. freewilly2

freewilly2 Newbie
    None

May 24, 2011
    you would just have to have her number saved in your address book with the country code.

3. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

yeah, whatsapp detects every phone number in ur address book that is registered with whatsapp, and u can message them. it works great, i love this app :D