1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

when 904 rolls out...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by New Rising, Apr 21, 2012.

1. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast

When the 904 ota update is released (or any update for that matter) will i be able to take the update? Im rooted on eclipse right now but i have my stock rom saved in safestrap on the non safe partition. Can i just flash back to my stock rom defrost the bloat and apply the update?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SirEagle

SirEagle Android Enthusiast

I'm going to guess the true answer is that know one really knows until an OTA actually happens. It doesn't appear that anyone has gotten .904 as an OTA, not even soak testers.

3. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast

Just in general though im wondering how i would be able to apply an ota update if i am rooted. Can i just go back to stock defrost the bloat and apply the ota update?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

That's pretty much what we've done with every other update, although I did apply one at one point without unfreezing.

True, but the safe, sure bet is to go stock, (rooted is fine, forever root is preferred, just in case) and unfreeze any bloat you froze, then let the update apply. It's the best way to minimize errors.

That is the normal procedure. Read my replies above for specific.

New Rising likes this.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews