1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

When An Attachemnt Goes To "Phone Storage" Or "SD Card" Where Does It Go?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PsychDoc, Feb 10, 2011.

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

I'm hoping one of you can help here. When I get an email with certain attachments, after I download them (the thing with the clock icon with the second hand that goes around and around) I then click the paperclip icon which I believe means the attchment is now downloaded and ready to be opened. Sometimes I get "Open" and all is well and I ca now see the attachment. Other times I get a choice of "save to phone stnorage" or "save to SD card." In either of these cases when I click them nothing happens and I have no idea where to go in the phone to access "phone storage" or the "SD card."

If it matters I'm using the HTC Incredible.

Can any of you tell me how to access "phone storage" or the"SD card" on my phone? And can anyone explain why some attachments can be opened directly after downloading while others are only saved to"phone storage" or "SD card?"

TIA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

Moving to HTC incredible. This is phone specific. On a Samsung I9000 all attachments are simply saved on the root of the internal SD when downloaded.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews