• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When An Attachment Goes To "Phone Storage" Or "SD Card" Where Does It Go? ...

PsychDoc

May 30, 2010
NYC
  • ...I'm hoping one of you can help here. When I get an email with certain attachments, after I download them (the thing with the clock icon with the second hand that goes around and around) I then click the paperclip icon which I believe means the attachment is now downloaded and ready to be opened. Sometimes I get "Open" and all is well and I can now see the attachment. Other times I get a choice of "save to phone stnorage" or "save to SD card." In either of these cases when I click them nothing happens and I have no idea where to go in the phone to access "phone storage" or the "SD card."

If it matters I'm using the HTC Incredible.

Can any of you tell me how to access "phone storage" or the "SD card" on my phone? And can anyone explain why some attachments can be opened directly after downloading while others are only saved to "phone storage" or the "SD card?"

TIA

Use astro file manager from market to access your files. Or if ur rooted use root explorer. Usually my downloads go to the downloads folder in my sd card. Using astro: sdcard/Downloads or check the folder of the app you were using to get the file in the first place ie: if it was from handcent check sdcard/handcent/downloads
hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones