• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When are reviews released?

A recent release can shed some light; Droid 3 was released July 7, and most reviews are dated around July 20th.

It seems that most sites don't get an advance screening like a movie critic would. With the Bionic being such a huge device, though, I would expect quick reviews to pop up on the net on launch day, or at the very least the day after.

In stores for the Droid 3 were the 14th.

Android Central did one on that same day:

Hands-on with the Motorola Droid 3 | Android Central

They're very quick about it.

Upvote 0
Prob. some time after launch, could be that day, a week later a few days before, a month later, or never.

It would depend on many things, when the reviewer gets a copy, how many other devices they have to review, etc...

And then there are professional vs everyone else. Yoda has all but reviewed it already.

Heck with all the prerelease info that has gone out, you could say it has been reviewed extensively.

As to the "official" word, who knows. You prob. would be better off asking your favorite tech site when they will be doing the review then here.

And if you are asking here, look at some of the other phones for their review dates, some don't even have them.

Reactions: radiocures
Upvote 0
In stores for the Droid 3 were the 14th.

Android Central did one on that same day:

Hands-on with the Motorola Droid 3 | Android Central

They're very quick about it.

Thanks. That's true; it was available online on the 7th, in stores on the 14th.

Also, X2 was available online on May 19, available in stores on May 26, and the Android Central review was on June 6.

Probably the bulk of reviews will be about 10 days later, but expect a few on drop day.

Reactions: peterbishop
Upvote 0
Can someone post a serious response? I'm interested in the answer as well. I'm on the fence between Bionic and Prime, and I'd love to know when we can expect some solid reviews. (Cnet, Droid-life, BGR, etc.)

If your on the fence for the Prime or the Bionic then you best wait till the Prime drops. I've been telling people that ask me what phone to get next to wait till at least December for a few reasons.

1. The Bionic and hopefully the Prime will be out by then.
2. Hopefully by then we'll see how much dev community support each device will have.
3. Also hopefully there will be plenty of reviews for both by then.

Just try and be a little more patient.

I too am on the fence but i'm swaying more towards Moto. However i'm following my own advice and waiting till at least December just because right now there is too much unknown.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones