• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When can we buy it?

What the heck does that mean?

I would assume he's seconding your question. He wants to know the same thing. He wishes to ask the same question. So on and so forth. Of course, this is an assumption.

As for the release date, the released T-Mobile road maps have shown it to be releasing in the US sometime during November and the Holiday Season. If you're not in the US, but somewhere such as Europe, it's releasing sometime during the summer. If you're in one of the luckier places, it has been stated that it will release sometime this month, but then again, there are only 8 days left in June.

Upvote 0
Any managed to find a Uk Release date for this phone,
I have been searching for ages and all i can find is rumors.

I managed to get an O2 insider to confirm that they are getting this phone and that it was coming on in june, but this person has now left O2 and so i have no more details.

June ends today so i guess she was iether wrong it it has been delayed.

called 02 and they just say we have not details on this phone.

Upvote 0
i can't believe that there is no news....

as dagz says, june ends today!!!!

may be i am being a bit cynical, but i know that O2 also has the Palm Pre in the uk and that is not coming out untill December! but a friend of mine in the states has one and loves it.

I think 02 is is delaying these phones in the uk because the are compeating with the IPhone and they make more money out of ripping off Apple fanboys than providing other phones with similar features.

Upvote 0
I think 02 is is delaying these phones in the uk because the are compeating with the IPhone and they make more money out of ripping off Apple fanboys than providing other phones with similar features.

I find that a little hard to believe to be honest with you. First of all the Palm Pre is currently not compatible due to the hardware with the European market. It isn't a GSM phone.

Secondly, why would they do that? Some people don't like the iPhone as much and now that in the UK Orange has the Hero, Vodfone has the Magic and T-Mobile has the G1 and the "MyTouch" (What a ******** name) it wouldn't make sense not to release it in my opinion. I just don't think it's ready yet, as no other countries have currently released it either.

Upvote 0
I find that a little hard to believe to be honest with you. First of all the Palm Pre is currently not compatible due to the hardware with the European market. It isn't a GSM phone.

Secondly, why would they do that? Some people don't like the iPhone as much and now that in the UK Orange has the Hero, Vodfone has the Magic and T-Mobile has the G1 and the "MyTouch" (What a ******** name) it wouldn't make sense not to release it in my opinion. I just don't think it's ready yet, as no other countries have currently released it either.

[FONT=&quot]as I said I may be being to cynical,
but it is out in Germany and is out in France next week, but o2 have not publicly confirm it in the uk.

I am hoping that they will come out very soon and say it's out next week.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This is all i could find on a release date but Im holding out here in the states for this bad boy.

Samsung i7500 Renamed Galaxy with July Release date | Mobile Roar

well the HTC hero is out on August 3rd on T-mobile and around the same Time on Orange in the UK.
it looks like a slightly better phone than the Galaxy so if the pricing is right on the HTC and there still no news on the Samsung by the 8th of July when i can order the Hero or MyTouch 3G as T-Mobile are calling it, then i think i will go with that handset.

Upvote 0
well the HTC hero is out on August 3rd on T-mobile and around the same Time on Orange in the UK.
it looks like a slightly better phone than the Galaxy so if the pricing is right on the HTC and there still no news on the Samsung by the 8th of July when i can order the Hero or MyTouch 3G as T-Mobile are calling it, then i think i will go with that handset.

I was thinking the same thing but the Samsung's internal memory is what has me hooked and waiting!

Upvote 0
I was thinking the same thing but the Samsung's internal memory is what has me hooked and waiting!

I assume you mean the 8Gb build in memory, which I think is the only smartphone apart from the Iphone to have that mum memory.

this is a good fetcher and is one of the things l like about the Samsung, also the styling is good, i not 100% sure about the HTC styling.
The magic is ok but in the UK you can only get it in White so i decided not to bother with that one.

The HTC sense look very good which is what is currently drawing me to the HTC, but i think it going to be priced like an IPhone, which is a bit expensive.

Upvote 0
I assume you mean the 8Gb build in memory, which I think is the only smartphone apart from the Iphone to have that mum memory.

Exactly - that would make the amount of apps you could store sky rocket. There would be apps on it that I would probably forget about. But right now im with out my G1 due to it crapping out on me. The screen decided to stop working for me. It will not display anything for me.

Upvote 0

Excluding the N97 (32gb) and the Omina HD (16gb) of course.;)

The Samsung camera should be better than the Hero (HTC cameras are awful) and the internal memory makes the Samsung better imo. (Im sure the Hero GUI will be ported over to the Galaxy:))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones