• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When did stock browser start playing real flash?

drew3739

Nov 11, 2009
I know it came with flash lite but I swear there was alot of sites that I went to and couldnt see flash as much. Now all of a sudden almost everything is playing. I even went to the NSFW stuff and sure enough videos started playing. (pinch to zoom in full effect once you switch it to full screen mode). Is it just me?

I know it came with flash lite but I swear there was alot of sites that I went to and couldnt see flash as much. Now all of a sudden almost everything is playing. I even went to the NSFW stuff and sure enough videos started playing. (pinch to zoom in full effect once you switch it to full screen mode). Is it just me?

Some links of sites you got working?

I can play some flash based sites, but flash video always seems to be a problem so far.

Upvote 0
my company website NEVER played. I tried it on both the stock and skyfire. I also tried vid sites and nothing. Now they start playing right away.

Don't know if I cam mention the sites Im testing since I don't know the rules for posting other sites.

Mods let me know if I should remove.

My company website (or a page from it running flash)

www.venturemech.com/chilled

Video sites like break.com (the full site) are loading like butter for me. Long press the vid and I get the Full screen option with pinch to zoom.

I know I tried these before and would just get a blank spot or black box.

Upvote 0
my company website NEVER played. I tried it on both the stock and skyfire. I also tried vid sites and nothing. Now they start playing right away.

Don't know if I cam mention the sites Im testing since I don't know the rules for posting other sites.

Mods let me know if I should remove.

My company website (or a page from it running flash)

Venture Mechanical, Inc. | Chilled Water

Video sites like break.com (the full site) are loading like butter for me. Long press the vid and I get the Full screen option with pinch to zoom.

I know I tried these before and would just get a blank spot or black box.

Your company site works for me, ContysDen Version 4 is my personal site also works fine, and yes thats strange break.conm works fine to :S, thats defo never worked before....

Upvote 0
Your company site works for me, ContysDen Version 4 is my personal site also works fine, and yes thats strange break.conm works fine to :S, thats defo never worked before....

I knew I wasn't crazy. I must have tried my site and Break countless times. And it wasnt a load time issue because I was on wifi and 3G. Im on 3G right now.

I don't think I ever tried miniclip but thats working great for me right now. Played like 4 games. I think it worked before because I remember reading it but don't think I ever tried.

Upvote 0
I knew I wasn't crazy. I must have tried my site and Break countless times. And it wasnt a load time issue because I was on wifi and 3G. Im on 3G right now.

I don't think I ever tried miniclip but thats working great for me right now. Played like 4 games. I think it worked before because I remember reading it but don't think I ever tried.

Yeah I dunno, i've tried countless sites and they mostly seem to be working, try this one for example:

THE ECO ZOO | ECODA!DOBUTSUEN

Its a 3D flash site that seems to work flawlessly.

so maybe its just some flash video codecs aren't working, like on hulu and stuff.

Not sure, anyone else noticed flash sites working recently?

Upvote 0
Well Hulu I think had specific code that disables anything from a mobile platform. I don't remember specifics but something like that.

Yeah it's definitely not playing EVERYTHING but like I said earlier, these are sites that never played at all, and now they are. And doing it pretty well.

Im sorry to say that it mostly for this reason, but the naughty sites working now are what I think is awesome. I seem to be getting good video playback from almost every site I have tried. :) Never thought I would see the day....(tear)

Upvote 0
Well Hulu I think had specific code that disables anything from a mobile platform. I don't remember specifics but something like that.

Yeah it's definitely not playing EVERYTHING but like I said earlier, these are sites that never played at all, and now they are. And doing it pretty well.

Im sorry to say that it mostly for this reason, but the naughty sites working now are what I think is awesome. I seem to be getting good video playback from almost every site I have tried. :) Never thought I would see the day....(tear)

ROFL tut tut lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones