• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When factory data reset loads your previous ROM..

jchristy89

Aug 30, 2010
Is this a bad thing? First time I've ever played with root and I guess I should have read up abit more about it :D

Any suggestions?

Details = Followed instructions from a Youtube video, and got a CyanogenMod. Pretty cool and all, but wanted to try another. Used the same method described in the youtube video to get this Fresh rom i keep hearing good reports about. Liked it, but now wanted to do a factory reset, and it goes back to the previous, CyanogenMod.

Thanks

Link to youtube video: YouTube - The EASIEST way to root an Android and add Recovery Image

Are you doing the factory reset from the recovery screen? You should wipe the factory/data, the davlik cache and sd:ext (from the recovery screen) each time you flash a new ROM unless the developer tells you otherwise.

Yes I tried that a few times, and it still comes up with the previous Rom. I didnt know all that.. Any way you know of that i can get the initial previously installed Android 2.1 back on the device like its brand new?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones