• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

when flash 10.1 comes out, will it be like the flood gates have opened?

There are already a fair number of flash games that you can play if you are willing to dig and also deal with some stuttering. Macromedia has a website prepared with some good ones to point you in the right direction as soon as you get 10.1 installed. If you have an EVO, you can root your phone, download CM6 and start playing today as it has 10.1 in it!

Upvote 0
If it scrolls around, you should press and hold the area, then a option for Full screen will pop up on the upper left.

But a lot of the games need to be redone with touch controls in mind, because they usually ask you to press a non existant keyboard button to start.

Because of that I'm collecting all Flash games that work in a list on my site, if you know any more games that work 100% let me know.

Mobile Flash Games | Androidpimps

Upvote 0
I agree, but who would make that? Web Browser Dev? Stand alone app for playing flash games Dev? Or the Game Dev?

My hope is a dev appreciates the value and makes one to sell for a few bucks as a general input interface. I think when 10.1 is more common- it would be a big seller. Same template as on the PSX or Droid emu's would be perfect. Kind of surprised no apparent looks into making this happen yet.

Upvote 0
There are already a fair number of flash games that you can play if you are willing to dig and also deal with some stuttering. Macromedia has a website prepared with some good ones to point you in the right direction as soon as you get 10.1 installed. If you have an EVO, you can root your phone, download CM6 and start playing today as it has 10.1 in it!

Hi guys, can this be done on the Samsung vibrant? I know rooting is no problem but if i download CM6 will i be able to have access to flash 10.1?

Please let me know...

Upvote 0
If it scrolls around, you should press and hold the area, then a option for Full screen will pop up on the upper left.

But a lot of the games need to be redone with touch controls in mind, because they usually ask you to press a non existant keyboard button to start.

Because of that I'm collecting all Flash games that work in a list on my site, if you know any more games that work 100% let me know.

Mobile Flash Games | Androidpimps

Thanks for your list, bookmarked!

Upvote 0
Honestly unless people make flash games specifically for touch devices, your best bet is a phone with a physical keyboard. The faster the better. The Epic 4G will probably be the best phone for Flash when it's released. The keyboard on that thing is awesome and it has the fastest processor to date on mobiles.

The reason is because a lot of flash games require the keyboard. Some games even require the mouse and keyboard at the same time.

My EVO running CM6 isn't fast enough to play any flash game that requires a smooth frame rate. Even simple flash games run at 15 FPS tops. Video is surprisingly smooth though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones