• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When i click on a notification from my notification bar like g mail it wont pull up my e mail

So i have had my note 8 since September 2017. I have had no issues with my phone at all until this past week and a half....
1st issue- when i have a e mail (gmail) notification from "mary" I click on it and all it does is take it off the notification bar pull the notification bar back up and take me to whatever screen i was on before I pull the notification bar down and does not open it... also does this with Pandora and pulling up the list of recently updated notification tab to see what all updated by the notification on the notification bar by playstore!! just to name some but dosnt happen to all...
2nd issue- 2 nights ago i manually tried to update facebook and another app (i forgot the second app) but facebook said 100% downloaded and could not get out of downloading to installing until i had to restart my phone 3 times and it finally downloaded it correctly like it was suppose to...
3rd issue- my verizion messaging app will take a while to get the number 1 or 2 to stop displaying on the app when i have already cleared it threw the notification bar and have opened the texts and responded (going back to the app does nothing even going back in the messaging app several times) also does this with the "recent" calls when i try to go to the dialer the little 1 or 2 notification takes forever to go off on the tab where you can hit recents and i can go in and out still does not clear the number out

Verizion has already had me reset and restore phone and once all the apps were restored it seemed to be fixed for about 30 minutes and back to acting up again with these same issues.. I did call Samsung and they don't have any known issues..... I did wait a week and a half to figure it out and thought it could have been a bad update on an app and figured in a couple of days it would have been cleared since apps seems to update everyday (sometimes twice a day) or every other day but problem still occurs... any help or advice google has nothing on my issue the only main issue i am seeing is the notification bar not pulling down but mine pulls down just fine and goes back up just wont pull up the app (some not all) that i have a notification on and brings me back to the screen i was on before i pulled the bar down... including if i was on the home screen... HELP!

edit.. I am also trying to download the app that is for this website and its stuck at 100% downloaded and wont move forward to install... two are pictures of examples where the number would be if i had just cleared out a missed call notification from notification bar and it will still show where a notification will still be also with messaging.... other picture is the app being stuck at 100% downloaded but wont install (happens with other apps as well)

Here is another example I have read everymessage in there and this notification won't go away until after 10-20 minutes or so

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180316-001459.jpg
    Screenshot_20180316-001459.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20180316-001659.jpg
    Screenshot_20180316-001659.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20180316-001706.jpg
    Screenshot_20180316-001706.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20180316-013130.jpg
    Screenshot_20180316-013130.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 120
Are you using the stock launcher? Can you go to settings, apps, find the launcher from the list and clear cache and data, then reboot?
Verizon tech coach is now thinking its the network i took the phone to a certified Samsung certified repair store they completely wiped the phone reinstalled soft wear and ALL the problems still happened i finally got someone to look at my network so they put in a service ticket for extensive searches to figure out the problem if this doesn't work i don't even know what else to do besides let Verizon keep replacing the phone i was told that after 3 returns that they will send you a brand new device instead of a certified replacement so we will see i also went Saturday night and got a new sim card to cut out any questions and be proactive on my end but i keep coming up to a dead end :(

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones