• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

when i download a PDF , how do 1) i rename it, 2) choose a directory for it, 3) make a shortcut

randor

Lurker
Mar 4, 2018
i am looking for the QUICKEST way to do this - ie FEWEST steps!
i use chrome on my phone (samsung s6)
when i click on the pdf, it automatically opens it (i choose to open in acrobat app)
ive tried with ES file explorer to rename it, and it crashed a few times, and then it didnt crash, but the file vanished! - note , i like to put very LONG file names - could that have caused a problem?
was it a problem to rename it while the file was open? if so, how do i close the file? (if i move to the adobe acrobat app and close it by pressing the back button on phone, i am not sure if that really closes it, sinceactually it still remains in the open apps list)

i wonder if anyone has a better solution to my issues from the OP, as i still dont have a nice user experience here at all! having to much around using some file explorer to try find the file , when if there was just a save as button when i downloaded the pdf in the 1st place, that would have been the best!

Also, i now have a similar problem for docs i save on the acrobat cloud - how to bloody rename these things is driving me crazy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones