• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When I make or receive calls there is no sound.

MsAnnie26

Lurker
Jun 24, 2012
Hi I'm new to this and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My Mini was working fine then all of a sudden started acting up. When I make or receive a call I cannot hear anything. But when I hit the "speaker button" that works fine. Every other sound on my phone works (Speaker,key sounds,media sounds). If anyone could help me find a solution it would be great. Thanks!

My Galaxy mini has developed the same problem over the past week. The phone ear-piece speaker (top front) is seperate to the media/speaker-phone speaker (bottom rear), hence one listening mode not working whilst the other does.
I've been into my phone to check for an (unlikely) loose connection. everything was fine.
My fault kind of coincided with using the phone briefly in the rain (I wonder what triggered yours?), so I wonder if a rain drop knocked out the ear-piece speaker. This sounds a bit unlikely but who knows?
I have ordered a replacement speaker and ribbon cable from ebay for less than

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones