1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

When I remove a SIM can I use a Micro and Nano SIM after in other mobile phones?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Biffos, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

When I remove a SIM / a part of it can I use a Micro and Nano SIM after with the remainings in other (old) mobile phones using the remaining(s) as an adapter?

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Sure, it will work, but sims age, go bad and get outdated. If you haven't replaced yours recently, it might be a good time to get a new one. Most carriers will send you a new one for free.

ocnbrze and Daniel Fernandes like this.
  3. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

I am not quite sure, sorry, I guess, I expressed myself wrong. I meant, when I remove a Micro SIM from the BIG SIM to use it in a new Smartphone and I want to us it in an old mobile phone I have to use an adapter. Can I use instead of an adapter the remainings from the big SIM?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

In theory I think yeh. However with the old remains the SIM was originally snapped out from, does it still fit securely, and it's not lose in any way? Because if it goes adrift while It's in a SIM holder, it might jam and then you'll have problems, Purpose made adapters are designed to hold SIMs securely.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

So there is a slight risk of damaging the phone or the SIM or both. May be with a tape one can fix it a little bit on the remainings if the tape fits between SIM and holder.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Well the risk is it could get stuck. And the phone needs to be disassembled to retrieve it..$$$.

Is it the type of SIM holder that you have to release with a pin or SIM eject tool, which is what most phones have.

Tape would make it thicker, and that could certainly get stuck

Don't you have any phone dealers near you, where you could buy a SIM adapter, or buy one from Amazon or something. They're not exactly expensive

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

I have some old mobile phones one has to just push it into the holder and simply pull it out somehow without any pins or ejecting tool.

Yes, that is true, 2 or 3 $ or so for an adapter. So better get one.

ocnbrze likes this.