• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When i try to reset factory the G1 sneds me to the bootloader tricolor screen HELP PL

prc93ltda

Lurker
Nov 26, 2009
I just got this used G1 that i bought on ebay and is locked cuz i dont know the password/username of the person who sold it to me and neither he remembers it. The point is i tried to factory reset the G1 but when i press home+the red button it sends me to a tricolored page i think its called the bootloader i dont know what to do cuz i cant have access to the phone because its locked and i cant do factory reset what can i do??? Thanks

You normally get the tricolour page when hitting Camera + Power.

Try this, slowly, take your time. Power off. Press and hold the Home button firmly (don't let it go). Press the Power button and keep holding until the handset buzzes and the screen starts up, then you can let the Power button go but keep on the Home button until you get the Recovery screen.

If you still get the tricolour screen let us know what is written on the screen - there should be some titles and version numbers to refer.

Upvote 0
I had this problem when i was rooting and the rom wasnt copied on the the sd card correctly (dirty reader). When the install failed it took me to he tri-color screen.

I could still get to the boot-loader though with the power + home buttons.

Are you sure your pressing and holding the home button before you hit the power button?

If you can't get into recovery mode I'm pretty sure you own a brick.

Upvote 0
Hi there i have a similar problem.
I was given a T-Mobile G1 but it just keeps rebooting.
It wont do a hard reset,
I have tried to reflash with DREAIMG.NBH (RC7) from microsd card,
with this sequence & this is what happens

Press camera button while holding it down breifley press power button and release it, while still holding camera button.
Phone then starts into bootloader
then i release camera button
phone then shows white screen with
then
checking...
then above checking... in red numbers
then phone returns to bootloader.
I have attached a image of my bootloader can you tell me if the info on it is ok?

Attachments

• Bootloader.jpg
    Bootloader.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones