• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WHen is 1.6 update coming to Telus?

not exactly. htc has to take android and reprogram it to look like their "sense UI". then they release it to Telus, who pushes it to us. it's been pretty well confirmed that it will be coming in the first half of 2010. initially it was supposed to come before the new year but i think it got delayed.

Upvote 0
I am sure other Telus/Hero users are as frustrated as I am with the delays in shipping an update for the Hero that we bought over 7 months ago. I just spent 2 hours on the phone with 2nd and 3rd tier support at both Telus and HTC and got absolutely nowhere. Both blame each other (isn't that typical?) and can offer absolutely no tangible evidence that they are even working on this update. I suspect that with all the newer Android handsets coming out, updating the Hero is a low priority. So we remain with 1.5, missing out on the true promise of Android and it's evolving feature set.

At the time I bought my Hero, I could have bought an iPhone and now, I wish I had made that choice.

If you are considering doing business with either Telus or HTC (by way of purchasing one of their handsets), you should evaluate that decision carefully.

Even in my obvious frustration, I am hopeful that one morning I will wake up to 2.1 (or even 2.2) and can move forward. Until then, I remain,

Frustrated, Annoyed, and Cheated in Canada.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones