• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When is Android 2.2 coming to the Transform?

yea but its crazy how they dont research it like we do and give us answers like we give eachother on websites like this one. You go into Sprint and you know more than they do. I dont know if thats because they dont want to give answers on things not yet released or because they really have no clue. It seems like as long as you have sales experience, Sprint doesnt care if its sales team even knows how to power a phone on.

And to qualify as a tech person all you need to know is how to read directions, perform factory data resets and say "It's not Sprints fault."

Upvote 0
yea but its crazy how they dont research it like we do and give us answers like we give eachother on websites like this one. You go into Sprint and you know more than they do. I dont know if thats because they dont want to give answers on things not yet released or because they really have no clue. It seems like as long as you have sales experience, Sprint doesnt care if its sales team even knows how to power a phone on.

And to qualify as a tech person all you need to know is how to read directions, perform factory data resets and say "It's not Sprints fault."

true but its the same with all wireless carriers. sales and reps don't know anything except for what they are told to do by their company. that's why they get confused about any question outside of the companies policies and they tend to make something up if they don't know. i don't blame them they are only doing their job and have to follow company policies. but they shouldn't bs if they don't know anything. they should ask their techs for help.

Upvote 0
Well since I've recently talked to some sprint reps and had them contact techs who are experts on the andriod phones who then contacted whoever is in-charge of\higher up than them I though I would post a quick update.

From what I got back the Samsung transform won't be receiving andriod 2.2 froyo until next year. The closest I got to an actual time was "beteen January and March". Since it was clear that I would not be getting 2.2 I exchanged my phone for the Samsung epic, which I am much happier with (I had to pay the difference of course).

In short don't expect the update for 2.2 to be released anytime soon.

I got all of this information around the 15th of December.

Upvote 0
Wow, what a surprise. :mad: I bought mine under the assumption that any Android update would be vaporware for the Transform, so at least I'm not overly disappointed. But it would be nice to get an update and only be 1 OS behind instead of 2. Overall, though, I'm still enjoying my phone so far, esp for the $49 I paid and no BS monthly surcharge like I would have had to pay for an Epic in my non-4G location.

Upvote 0
I know this is kinda putting the cart before the horse because at the moment we dont even have 2.2 but any guesses as to what our chances are of getting gingerbread are?

It's comparable to being put into a snake pit of 50 black anacondas and betting you'll live. So in lament terms... It would take a miracle from god for us to get 2.3 officially on our Transform, but porting 2.3 is an option for coders out there who like haxsung haha.

Upvote 0
Haha don't worry bro, we got Vampirefo and Shiftr182 on SDX Devs. maybe they'll get a build of 2.3 for us in the coming months. I have faith in the SDX community, they're currently working really hard on the Froyo build based off the Samsung Captivate, and the bug fixes are almost all complete! Be happy we got such a great community of people making this phone better :)

Upvote 0
Hello,

Curious does anyone know when Android 2.2 is coming to the Transform? I love the phone, and wonder what 2.2 will do.
Just posted a thread about this.
Per a Sprint Cus. Svc. Rep. about a week or so, ago, Sprint NOT getting 2.2 for Samsung Transform. Just got my Transform, called with a question, then found that out. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed.

Upvote 0
Just posted a thread about this.
Per a Sprint Cus. Svc. Rep. about a week or so, ago, Sprint NOT getting 2.2 for Samsung Transform. Just got my Transform, called with a question, then found that out. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed.

Whatever you say, there's more Samsung and Sprint people saying it will get released, and Sprint already made an email to all Sprint reps. that if anyone asked about the Transform's 2.2 being done soon they're supposed to say 'No but it will be done in due time' or something to that extent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones