• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When is BEST time to change VM plans?

dr4sight

Sep 6, 2011
Saugerties, NY
Hi,
About three weeks ago I got my first smartphone, LG Optimus V.
I opted for the $45 per month plan and now realize that I'll never use up all those 1200 minutes. I've only used up 120 at this point.
So I want to change to the $35 per month plan.
Is there a best time to do this?
Should I make the change now or wait til just before or just after my next $45 is due.
Their website says: You will be charged on 09/15/11

I would want to avoid any penalties etc. for changing. So could someone advise when would be the best time to change my plan?

TIA

I agree with gadgetmonster... those suggestions seem like the most reasonable thing to do. ;)

Edit: Totally off-topic, but you can remove the (virgin mobile) from your device description if you wanted. The V in Optimus V means Virgin Mobile. ;)

The V, S, and U look pretty much identical (there may be small spec differences). But the C and the M look nothing like them. I think there's one or two more but I can't recall offhand what their letters are.

LG Optimus V = Virgin Mobile
LG Optimus S = Sprint
LG Optimus U = U.S. Cellular
LG Optimus C = Cricket Wireless
LG Optimus M = MetroPCS

Upvote 0
Both Verizon and AT&T have an Optimus but it is not called an Optimus on either, I don't recall what their model names are.

Verizon's is called the LG Vortex, and the ones from AT&T are the LG Thrive and the LG Phoenix.

Once you get away from the V, S, and U though, the phones begin to look a lot different. Personally, I love the sleek look of those three. The buttons on the other ones look, well, icky lol.

Reactions: MacFett
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones