1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

When is Gingerbread OTA coming?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlm41, May 26, 2011.

1. jlm41

jlm41 Newbie

I have decided to skip the OTA which introduced the reboot issue on some phones.

I am now waiting for gingerbread OTA. I would like to get no-sound in video issue fixed on my phone. And hoping that gingerbread will fix it.

Does anyone know when Gingerbread OTA coming for TB?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dguy

dguy Android Expert

HTC said Q2 2011 for Gingerbread on the Thunderbolt.

3. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Don't worry about when it will come. It will just drive you crazy when they delay it about 10 times and be 6 months late from the original release date. Coming from the Droid one I remember people going crazy when eclair and froyo was being released. I can tell you they are never released on their original launch date.

4. jcnyc

jcnyc Android Enthusiast

They said end of q2 so that's only a month away, but it would be a safe bet to add a month on to whatever verizon/htc announces so you're not disappointed. Plus with the disastrous ota they pushed recently, wouldn't bet anything on them releasing gb in time.

5. DJ_10

DJ_10 Well-Known Member

Actually i can see this coming fast seeing as how bad some peoples phones actually are.

6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

I see you are new to the game of updates. They dont really care and will drag their feet as much as they can. They love to see us act like them girls back in the 60's going crazy when they saw the beatles lol. You can look but cant have.

7. mdeblaz

mdeblaz Android Enthusiast

With the new problem just discovered yesterday with the leaked GB radio, I doubt it's coming any time soon... probably many months away.

I came from the Eris and prior to that phone getting Eclair (2.1) there were about 3 leaked RUU's and it was months after the first leak that it finally hit the phone. I expect the same song and dance here.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews