• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When kitkat will be release for G2

Since VZW nor LG have provided an official announcement, I doubt you're going to get anyone to give you an official release date. And even if there was an official announcement with a date, I would imagine, based on past experience, that date would be highly probable to be inaccurate.

Upvote 0
I have the D801 and have flashed Kit Kat via CM11 but had mobile data issues and overall performance wasn't nearly as good as stock. I'm currently on a stock based ROM, NRG, and the performance is great.

One thing I LOVED about running Kit Kat was the ability to finally use the Bluetooth LE (Smart) function for my heat rate monitor (using Polar Beat, but there are other apps as well).

The problem with the G2 is that the BLE function is available only with Android 4.3 or higher, since it comes with 4.2.2 installed, there's no way to take advantage of that until there's an update. That's one thing that I'm now waiting for with an official update (or at least a stock based ROM that's updated).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones