• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When My Samsung Galaxy Mini is connected to pc there is no usb mode selections

Hi people, problem solved.:)

Tried everything in the book for several hours and nothing worked.

As a last resort, I found the original usb cable supplied with the phone and compared it to the one I was using. It’s the same apart from the plastic surround which is a little sleeker than most other usb cables, including an old htc cable I was using.

Obviously the surroundings of many other usb cables seem to fit (as mine did), but don’t quite lock in perfectly causing problems.

The other cable let the phone charge, but wouldn't connect as it's a mil short and is stopped by the galaxies casing

The samsung cable fits perfectly and my pc immediately recongises it.

Amazing the problems an extra millimetre of plastic causes. Duh !!

:)

Upvote 0
I bought a Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 for Xmas but now wish I hadn't as I cannot connect it to my PC. (No USB device detected).

Things I've tried but which don't work.

1. I've installed Kies, uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Troubleshoot connection problems doesn't. (It merely reinstalls the driver which didn't work in the first place).

2. I've installed the USB driver in program files and program files (x86)

3. I've tried plug 'n play from device manager (running Windows 7 Professional with SP1)

4. I've also tried Ubuntu Linux - no USB recognized.

5. "I put *#7284# in the keypad and fiddled with the USB settings, plugged back into PC and it detected it. all ok now"

Even tried that.

6. "Settings / Applications / Development

Now disable USB DEBUGGING"
I've tried leaving USB debugging on and off.

Can't help but think that the Galaxy Mini is a lot of pony.

I hope someone at Samsung looks at this forum one day. This mobile phone is a disgrace.

Any help and advice welcome. Thanks for your time if you can help.

Err, that is wrong mate, actually u just need to plug your USB cable from behind of your CPU :p .. and you don't need to DISABLE "USB DEBUGGING" let it enable. the method is .. UNtick "USB DEBUGGING" , plug in your USB CABLE from behind of your CPU, TICK back "USB DEBUGGING" . you're done xD ..something popups from down slide bar ..choose "USB DEBUGGING" prompt. and click TURN ON USB STORAGE ..am i clear? HAHAHAHHA !!!

Upvote 0
Hi Guys, lets summarise this.

Every now amd again my Samsung Mini stops connecting via USB - the usb connected message does not appear in the header bar when I plug the lead in and Kies cant find it.

So, I go to Settings - Applications - development and click USB Debugging off.

I then turn the phone off and on again.

Back to the Settings - Applications - Development Menu and enable usb debugging.

Plug in the cable and it USB connects again.

You can also switch between USB modes.

With the phone connected, pull down the top bar and toggle between USB connected and USB storage....

I think you need to be in USB storage mode for Kies to work. The phone cannot use the SD card while in this mode

In USB connected mode your phone can still use the SD card but I dont think the PC can see it at all (so that mode may not be a lot of use!!)

Thats it

Steve

Upvote 0
Hi Guys, lets summarise this.

Every now amd again my Samsung Mini stops connecting via USB - the usb connected message does not appear in the header bar when I plug the lead in and Kies cant find it.

So, I go to Settings - Applications - development and click USB Debugging off.

I then turn the phone off and on again.

Back to the Settings - Applications - Development Menu and enable usb debugging.

Plug in the cable and it USB connects again.

You can also switch between USB modes.

With the phone connected, pull down the top bar and toggle between USB connected and USB storage....

I think you need to be in USB storage mode for Kies to work. The phone cannot use the SD card while in this mode

In USB connected mode your phone can still use the SD card but I dont think the PC can see it at all (so that mode may not be a lot of use!!)

Thats it

Steve
Thanks Steve! AND can you please remind people to use their finger on the screen to bring down the menu from the top of the phone bar (at the top) and choose "USB Connected" then "Connect storage to PC" click it, then choose "OK" The Android icon will change colour to yellowy puke colour and then you have USB storage in use, or if you like you can download the contents of the phone. Is that right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones