1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

when phone in use, trackball and button lights never turn off!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rjjr2531, May 18, 2010.

1. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Android Enthusiast

is there an option to turn this off or limit the time as you can for the screen...this is not normal bc i just watched several utube videos and their button lights turn off when user is just doing touch screen stufff....pls help. this may be a setback from updated to 2.1 leak

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dsavage

dsavage Member

The trackball & button lights are a function of the ambient light sensor on the phone, I think.

When it's dark, the lights turn on (presumably so you can see to push them) and when it's light, the lights stay off (presumably since it's light enough to see them).

They shouldn't stay on all the time, unless you only use your phone in darkened rooms. Either way, to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to manually turn them on/off.

3. cuezaireekaa

cuezaireekaa Newbie

Yea, i noticed my lights were not turning off also. i hate those lights on when watching youtube vids in the dark. (LEDs Hack) is AWESOME! find it in the market and it can turn off just the trackball OR all of the lights. Must be rooted* hope this helps. X))

4. Droidone

Droidone Android Enthusiast

led's hack works but is glitchy at best. After letting the backlight go out a couple times it reverts back to regular settings. I have been using it for a month and just leaned to deal with the light instead. I guess its a good idea but it should match the level of light set by the power control.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews