1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

When returning an Evo what do you need to send with it?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by asaberan, Aug 25, 2010.

1. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    EDIT-Oops, I guess this should be in the Sprint section, sorry mods!

I got a replacement Evo due to an internet issue and they sent me a refurbished Evo, a refurbished (or used) battery and a cheap Sprint branded charger. They sent me a small padded envelope and asked that I return the "phone" and don't mention any of the accessories. I know when I returned my Mogul, it specifically said to "return only the phone" so that is what I did and kept the accessories, plus they wouldn't fit in the envelope anyway.

There is no way I will reasonably be able to shove this charger in the envelope and quite frankly, I don't need it but I would like to keep the battery. Does anyone know what you have to return?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    NYC
    As far as I know, you return the phone only. Keep the battery, battery door, sd-card and charger.

asaberan likes this.
  3. asaberan

May 19, 2010
    I'd just hate to get charged after what happened last time I bought a phone and they charged my account $500. I had to fight with them for MONTHS to get it taken off my bill.

I think I'm going to just shove as much in the envelope as I can. I'm worried if I shove the charger in there, the envelope will open during transit and everything will fall out.

4. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Why not call Asurion and ask them?

5. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    If they sent you a refurb, all they want is the phone back. Sometimes they send a brand new evo in the box with all the accessories. If that was the case, they would want it all back. But since you just got a refurb, just send the phone back.

Whats the worst that could happen? They charge you for them a month later, and you call them and tell them you will send the rest back...

6. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    NYC
    Even if they send you a brand new phone, they still only want the phone back with no accessories.

7. asaberan

May 19, 2010
    It's not Asurion and I don't trust customer service people. Half the time they just tell you anything to just get you off of the phone. Based on my past experience above, I was told NUMEROUS times things that weren't true and didn't happen.

Yeah, that's easier said than done. It took me 2 months to get a "return kit" last time and even longer to get my account credited back. Apparently you cannot return anything without a "return kit" and requesting that is a royal pain in the ass. They told me three times one was on the way, only for it to never arrive and I had to repeat the process.

8. asaberan

May 19, 2010
    I called Customer Care and was told to "return only the handset." So that's what I will do. Thanks for everyone's input.