• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When someone calls the ringtone volume goes automatically down - why, and how to fix it?

My new ringtone had unexpected result that no matter how high I set the volume, when someone calls it plays at the right volume only for about 1, maybe 2 seconds, then it drops much below 50% - visually estimated from volume slider I'd say somewhere around 25% - and I have to set it back after the call or risk missing it. Unfortunately I hate the default ringtones, so I've kept mine.

I've never had or seen, or even hard about this kind of problem, but it would seem like a badly thought, possibly undocumented, feature gone bad. My phone and the system version are:
Huawei Y560-L01
Android 5.1.1
EMUI 3.1 Lite - In case this has something to do with it - I have no idea what it is, expect that my friend told me it's some new system of Huawei that alters the underlying Android system; and as it's also listed within system info view.

I made the ringtone by downloading a YouTube video, converting it to MP3 with Switch Free, then clipping it to start at chorus - the program used for latter didn't have such option, so no normalization or other changes to the audio were applied - I can't figure any reasonable explanation why my ringtone itself would cause the system to do that, but just in case it matters.

Please, could anyone offer an explanation and perhaps a fix, even just a guess? I'd be most thankful.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones