1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support When someone calls the ringtone volume goes automatically down - why, and how to fix it?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Jani robsku InuYasha, May 30, 2016.

1. Jani robsku InuYasha

May 22, 2016

May 22, 2016
    My new ringtone had unexpected result that no matter how high I set the volume, when someone calls it plays at the right volume only for about 1, maybe 2 seconds, then it drops much below 50% - visually estimated from volume slider I'd say somewhere around 25% - and I have to set it back after the call or risk missing it. Unfortunately I hate the default ringtones, so I've kept mine.

I've never had or seen, or even hard about this kind of problem, but it would seem like a badly thought, possibly undocumented, feature gone bad. My phone and the system version are:
    Huawei Y560-L01
    Android 5.1.1
    EMUI 3.1 Lite - In case this has something to do with it - I have no idea what it is, expect that my friend told me it's some new system of Huawei that alters the underlying Android system; and as it's also listed within system info view.

I made the ringtone by downloading a YouTube video, converting it to MP3 with Switch Free, then clipping it to start at chorus - the program used for latter didn't have such option, so no normalization or other changes to the audio were applied - I can't figure any reasonable explanation why my ringtone itself would cause the system to do that, but just in case it matters.

Please, could anyone offer an explanation and perhaps a fix, even just a guess? I'd be most thankful.