1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories When to get a new battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by parkschr, Feb 18, 2011.

1. parkschr

parkschr Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Ohio
    I was just wondering how often DI users replace their battery with a new one. I have had my battery for about 8 months. It's a 1500 mah.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I'm still using the stock battery and haven't seen any degradation yet. I bought a replacement while waiting for my Dinc thinking I would need two. I have yet to have any battery complaints and my spare is still in it's package. My recommendation is to buy a spare if you find a bargain. You will have it on hand when you need a replacement. You will know when that time comes.

parkschr likes this.
  3. zemerick

zemerick Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    With Li-Ion batteries, about once every 4 years if used daily. Granted, with the stock Inc battery being low as is...perhaps once every 2 years.

So...as you can see, with a phone odds are you'll get a new one well before you have a problem with the battery ( unless of course you do things to really affect it, such as heavy usage while charging and letting the battery get very hot. Having it plugged into a non-filtered car lighter port for long periods of time, letting it sit for long periods of time at 0%. etc. )

parkschr likes this.
  4. DustinF00

DustinF00 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    The real answer to this is that a battery should be replaced if its no longer holding a really solid charge. Meaning; after you charge the battery and start to use it, does it drop to to 80% really fast ? Or in reverse, does it look like its holding a charge and then you have some heavy usage that drops the battery meter to by 10-20-30 percent (in a quick chunk) Those are indications of needing a replacement....

Most batteries have a charge cycle tolerance of 400-700. There are 365 days in a year. Charging your phone every night puts you right in the cusp of that 400 mark.

The only caveat to all of this is the mention of heat. If for whatever reason, your battery is getting very hot during charging or during regular use but still seems to be holding a good charge, its an indication of needing a new battery...

Good Luck !

parkschr likes this.