• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When was your GNex manufactured?

12-3, just got it yesterday.

11/23/11
Bought on release day, have the issue where phone acts like it's on mute partway through calls.

Ok...so I'm not crazy...lol. I didnt know if I was hitting the right button for the speaker phone or not. One time I hit the speaker phone or mute button and the phone shut off. Right before that the battery seemed to charge up extremely fast.

Will see how it goes.

Upvote 0
I bought on release day, but I'm now on my second handset.

Current handset was manufactured on 11/20/2011.

I've had the following problems on both phones:
-Mic mute problem on some (not all) calls
-GPS intermittently shows wrong location
-Navigation intermittently selects an insane path taking tons of backroads through neighborhoods - this is not to avoid traffic
-Compass intermittently fails - doesn't detect the direction I'm facing or the fact that I'm turning
-Camera intermittently fails with a "Camera is not responding...." error. When this happens, alternate camera apps like Vignette don't work, either

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones