• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

when we getting that froyo???

Froyo has not been officially released. What you are hearing is the UNOFFICIAL RELEASE of Froyo that has be hacked by dev for the likes of the Nexus, Hero and Moto Droid. There are known bugs in it, if you go into the Nexus one forums, you can see a list of complaints with Froyo. The Nexus One, which will be the first line of phones to get Froyo is still waiting for its OTA update.

Edit: I will say enjoy your new EVO and not think about Froyo until HTC announces it. Another thing to note, before you get FROYO, Sprint will need to go over the update and include its own bloatwares to the boat. From HTC record, don't count on FROYO anytime soon. Example inludes the Hero, Magic, Eris' update to Eclair took months after it was released in January 2010. HTC claims that because Sense UI is so integrated into the OS, it takes them time to do the update.

Upvote 0
To seasoned Android users:

When updates come out, such as 2.2, how does the upgrade process go? I am coming from the Apple way of doing things and that is all I know. Is there a way to backup your phone and then restore it when the new OS has been installed? Is that done by the upgrade process?

Upvote 0
To seasoned Android users:

When updates come out, such as 2.2, how does the upgrade process go? I am coming from the Apple way of doing things and that is all I know. Is there a way to backup your phone and then restore it when the new OS has been installed? Is that done by the upgrade process?

Unlike Apple, it will be an over the air update. There should be no need to restore.

Upvote 0
Unlike Apple, it will be an over the update. There should be no need to restore.

You would think so. All the updates for the moment wiped everything out. These were not OTA either. You either had to go to the store or download the updater from the sprint site.

Updates were at a crawl for that and the hero. They were always "around the corner" even know they said 1st half of 2010 they waited till the last minute. SOOOO i wouldnt hold my breath. Shes an amazing beast anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones