• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will Google allow us to manage devices?

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
I've gone through multiple devices over the past few years so when I go into my Play account on my PC I can see all those devices. That's great and all, but there are several devices that I would like to delete forever. Especially those devices that show up solely because I flashed a new rom. I know that you can disable the devices for Google Music and you can hide the devices in the Play menu, but I feel like I should be able to totally disassociate the devices from my account. I always fear that my information is still on a device even if I factory reset it and wipe all the data, and seeing the device in my menu online does not reassure me that its all gone. Am I crazy, or should Google allow us completely get rid of devices associated with our Google account?

Moving thread into the Google Forum.

Also, i have thought that they should add this, even though they keep the phones in there for no particular reason, when you factory reset your device the only reason it keeps the device and doesn't say you have 2 of that same device is because it registers a certain number to GPlay and persists through factory resets, however, no information is stored within that and you can't just log onto your account after a factory reset, so even if you give your device away and that person uses the phone there will be no way they could tell what your GPlay account information was.

Reactions: ouch1976
Upvote 0
I would like to see this, and better organization with the apps that you have downloaded.. Perhaps list each device, then what apps you downloaded on that device vs just listing all apps you have downloaded in the past.

That way, if you get a new phone and you want the exact same apps that you had on the last phone, you could just download from that list rather than searching through hundreds of apps from over 10 phones you've had in the past..

Would be nice!

Reactions: YrkieLvr2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones