• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When Will Google Resolve Wifi issues in Android

ADARSH5678

May 24, 2011
After every update there are issues in Wifi, after 2.3.4 update my wifi completely broke and I had to flash to 2.3.6 from odin

No matter what i try, I am not able to connect to my office wifi (even after downloading advanced config app and enterprise settings etc etc)

My friends brings his Iphone to office and simply enters his login credentials and password and connects to wifi, its frustrating (not to mention the boasts of iphone 'it just works')

Has anyone got any idea if this is resolved in 2.4, do we have the facility to enter our corporate login credentials and connect to wifi.

You did not understand my point, my Wifi is fine. I am able to connect to wifi at my house and public Cafes.

I was pointing out that Android does not support Enterprise Wifi, where you connect to your company wifi for eg with your company login credentials. This is important feature which is missing from Android.

Upvote 0
Enterprise WiFi means not using your home netgear or linksys router.

Using the Bigboys such as: Aruba, Meru, Ruckus, Motorola, Cisco, Areohive, Xirrus, etc.

And ADARSH5678 is correct. I work as a consultant for one of the companies mentioned above, and even when tweaking the wifi to the lowest settings to resemble a home environment, some Androids will still have issues. This is common with all enterprise wifi vendors.

I've found the best way to resolve this is by enabling an option called "Best Performance Wifi" (found in your advanced wireless settings). There will be a message that is will consume more power.
Make sure this is enabled if you want enterprise WiFi

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones