1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

when will price go down on lg esteem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wayne137, Dec 28, 2011.

1. wayne137

wayne137 Android Enthusiast

ok i want to buy the lg esteem but the price is crazy $350+ so i was wondering anybody know if price is going to drop or are they going to get rid of that stupid rebate cause im willing to pay $250 cause paying $350+ on a phone which i change every six month to a year i dont trust mail in rebate did it once lost a $150 my guess the mail got lost idk.. So just let me know if your hear anything please:D:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VinceO

VinceO Well-Known Member

I got screwed on the rebate by Metro. They said it wasnt within the timeframe. :/ Anyways, im selling my Esteem with extras on Craigslist. Im done with Metro...

3. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Just a rumor so dont know how true but Metro is suppose to ditch the mail in rebates at the beginning of the year

4. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

Heard otherwise, instead they will release the galaxy attain, and the esteem will have a $50 rebate from $350 instead of $100 :(

5. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

Did you take too long to send it out?

6. VinceO

VinceO Well-Known Member

Nope. Bought it end of November on a Friday and sent it out the following Monday.

7. redhook

redhook Android Expert

The Galaxy Attain is on AT&T. I also doubt Metro is going to sell a Galaxy S II, it would cost $500 - $600.

8. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

Both of you are right. They are ditching the irritating mail-in-rebate for an "instant" rebate on the Esteem.

Starting 01/02/2012 - 03/31/2012:

It's a "rebate", but it's an instant rebate -- i.e. a rebate only for accounting purposes. The price at the cash register will be $299.

9. wayne137

lol we better start saving up

10. wayne137

(correct me if im wrong) phone $299 + tax $18 + switch service to phone $10 + etc
    price would be around maybe $320-$330 (if that was the case)

11. wayne137

what doesnt make sense why would they raise the price to $300

it $300 but with a $50 instant rebate which make $250:thinking::thinking:

12. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

I would definetly fight them on it till the end that's $100 that are rightfully yours (you know as long as you filled it out :))

13. wayne137

i think they know some people will not bother with the rebate so they get to keep the extra $100 my homeboy didnt even know there was a rebate the lady he said never told him or maybe wasnt really listening that wat i said

14. redhook

redhook Android Expert

Where I live tax is 8.75%. That comes out to $26.25 tax on the handset. $7 tax is less than 2.5%. And in Florida the tax rate is 6% plus the county surtax rate. You got your math wrong there.

FL Dept Rev - Florida Sales and Use Tax

wayne137 likes this.
  15. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

We're talking about the price of the phone itself -- not taxes, fees, and all that. Taxes differ by state or even the city/county where you live. You figure that yourself, we are talking the retail price of the phone.

it's $350, always has been. But with a MIR (mail in rebate). My MIR was $100, but until I get it (if I ever do), I paid $350. Everybody did.

Come January 2, the phone is going to be "$350" with an INSTANT $50 rebate -- whether you buy online or in the store. You say, "I want that phone" -- pay $300 and it's yours. So, essentially they are lowering it the price to $300, not raising the price.

16. double1

double1 Well-Known Member

Just got my rebate a few days ago. 250 for a pretty sweet phone that you can use for a year and then sell is not a bad deal.

17. kungfu411

kungfu411 Android Enthusiast

I got mine at newegg Automatic rebate 249 free shipping. but couldn't wait so i got it next business day 260 got it the next day. and loving it

18. wayne137

ok make sense you pay 350 for a phone get a $100 back so u pay $250 in all so why the hell would they change it to get a $50 instant rebate and pay $300 instead while the others paid $250

it comes down to this metro want to make back some of the money from the stupid rebate they been giving out thats all the rebate was to draw you to buy the phone and hopefully u might get your $100 back (lol i should major in business ) just sayin:D:D:)

BTW the question i asking is why would they shift the phone price back to $300 thats all

19. wayne137

lol send me back to school thanks for the correction.. my estimated total was really close so im still pretty right

20. njking25

njking25 Android Enthusiast

Does anyone know if the LG esteem price will change? I have $250 and need a few more days to get the rest for tax...I heard the rebate might drop to $50 but I don't know when. Any tips?

21. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

You likely have until 1/02/12 where the rebate will be lowered to $50. Buy it from wirefly I thinks its 249 w/ taxes all you have to save up for now is shipping (around $8)
    Mods could you merge the threads?

22. redhook

redhook Android Expert

They might be trying to get back money from replacing bricked phones, or they could have been selling it at a loss since this is the first good phone they've had.

23. redhook

redhook Android Expert

24. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

The $100 MIR was a special offer. So of course they aren't going to keep the $100 dollar rebate because then...well it wouldn't of been a special offer. They could just set the price at 350 with NO rebate but instead still giving you 50 bucks off. If you want the phone for 250 jump on it before the $100 rebate is gone or maybe perhaps wirefly or newegg or somewhere will keep theirs at 249. But I doubt that. They'll probably go up to 300. Its like I bought my 160gb PS3 with 2 games for 199. 214 after taxes. on black Friday. They arent going to change that back or bring the deal back. It was a deal aka special offer.

And not sure i understand your setting it back to 300 question, because the base price, meaning before the rebate, has never left the 300 dollar range.

25. asheehanjr

asheehanjr Well-Known Member

You can buy the Esteem at Wirefly.com for $249. That is where I bought mine at. Hope this is what you are looking for.

LG Esteem for MetroPCS - Wirefly.com

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews