• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

when will sprint get full coverage of 4g in san diego,ca?

i know im supposed to check sprints website but i already did i only get 4g in 2 small parts of san diego. im happy we were the first to get 4g but we defintely dont have it everywhere what is up with the delay? is something else in the works or something? i see at&t and verizon have 4g in san diego why cant we? not saying im going to leave sprint but its just a question i was wondering...

First, welcome to the forums.

With Sprint there are two types of 4G:
- WiMax
- LTE

If you do not have WiMax-4G in San Diego today, there is a good chance it will never come. But, Sprint is upgrading its network with LTE-4G. Neither the network nor any phones to use it are available yet. Following is an unofficial news/rumor about LTE-4G in San Diego:

San Diego & Northern Jersey are scheduled to be in the Second Round of Sprint Network Vision/LTE Deployment in 2012 - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones