• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

when will tmobile release a really good android phone???

richie021501

Dec 28, 2009
Well let me start off by saying that I have the motorola cliq and I love it! Great phone, I love the android operating system, I think all phones with the android OS are really good. With that said, I know the phones a little out of date (even though it just came out) in terms of hardware and its processor and stuff like that. The nexus looks really good, probably the best phone on the market but I just wish it had a keyboard! I can't use a phone with just a touchscreen, I need a physical keyboard to type on.

I'm really just worried that phones are gonna start to become 100% touchscreen and keyboards are gonna be a thing of the past, which would suck for me as I've never been very good with virtual keyboards. Does anyone think this will be the case, that companies who make phones are just gonna end up ditching physical keyboards all together???

Also does anyone know if tmobile is going to be releasing any android phones similar to the motorola droid from verizon or the nexus in the near future that actually have a physical keyboard??? Any rumors or anything???

Thanks in advance! On a side note, is there anywhere on the web (on this site or any other) where I can find a list of all android phones that are scheduled to be released in the future???

switch companies to one that has/will have an android phone with a keyboard.

Lol well I'm under contract and I like tmobiles prices anyways so I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon....and one, nexus pro??? Never heard of it but I'll have to search for it, is it just a rumor???

Edit: meh this nexus pro thing seems like just a rumor and people are getting hyped over nothing, would be totally awsome but I'm definetly not getting my hopes up haha

Upvote 0
Sorry but I like the touch screen keyboards probably because I have got used to it after having an iphone (got rid cause I didn't like the phones capabilities) and I also have an ipod touch. My current one is a T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero).

My last phone being the sony K800i solid keypad. Its all down to peoples preferences if you dont like the touch screens dont get one.

Upvote 0
actually, check over on Engadget - two new phones are coming to Tmo here in the next few months - the HTC Bravo / Passion - with a physical keyboard, iirc

actually, the HTC bravo, which is AKA desire, is not coming to t-mo usa. it is going to t-mo uk. and the other phone you mentioned is the mytouch slide, which i dont even think packs a 600mhz CPU, in addition to how ugly it is. so far, according to news and mwc, it seems that t-mo usa is shit outta luck...

Upvote 0
Getting really anxious waiting for a good replacement for my G1. Every other day I start to order a Nexus 1 and then I think that I didn't pay $529 for my laptop and my fiancee would kill me if she found out I paid that much for a phone.

Right now the only hope I have is some developer gets android to work on the HD2. I really don't see anything else decent coming in the first half of the year from T-mobile. I was hoping for the Motoroi but nothing has been written lately about that phone.

Anyone one else know something I don't?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones