1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

When Will We Get Ice Cream Sandwich

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Techichi, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Techichi

Techichi Lurker

As the title implies.

Thanks for any help..!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

going off samsungs update record......6-8 months after ics is released.

3. PfcBgd

PfcBgd Member

right, it's far enough that we shouldn't even be worrying about it at this point. Enjoy what you got...

4. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Android Enthusiast

Should be a bit sooner if you want to use ROM's, but yeah, there's a long time ahead.

5. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

The new devices will get ICS first as it is a great tool to sell new devices. Longs after they wear it out with sales, they will give it to existing users. You will already be hearing about the next greatest OS after ICS when we SG2 users get it.

6. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

7. acp

acp Android Expert

lol yep

I bought this phone expecting never to see ICS, so if we ever get it, great. If not, this phone running gingerbread is a-ok with me.

8. acp

acp Android Expert

9. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Android Enthusiast

It does?

UK version released means a ROM ported over to the i777. Better than stock FW.

10. Trinhbo

Trinhbo Newbie

If your phone has capacitive buttons, the on screen buttons are not drawn in ICS. Only the new phones like the Galaxy Nexus without capacitive buttons will show the on screen buttons.

11. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

What about all the people who aren't rooted? They will still have go wait for ATT.

12. acp

acp Android Expert

Makes sense

13. mratlndmrk

mratlndmrk Well-Known Member

All the more reason to root! If I could do it, anyone can.

14. Gary86

Gary86 Lurker

I read on another forum that SGS2/SR will get it Q1 2012 (Jan-Mar)

15. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Is there any way to decline the update so that the reminder doesn't keep recurring?

I have a big hunch that it's these OS updates that eventually bog down the phone. I went through a bunch of Eclair/Froyo updates on my OG Droid, and eventually the thing slowed to a crawl. I like Gingerbread, I like how fast my phone is now, I see no reason to upgrade to ICS.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews