1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General When will we see an actual 3g phone come out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davegale, Aug 17, 2011.

1. davegale

davegale Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    I returned the M and I want to go on to Metro because of the savings. Does anyone know when we willsee a phone that actually runs on 3g at least?

Advertisement

2. saber85

saber85 Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    My Optimus is 3G - where the coverage is available. They don't have a lot of areas that get the 3G coverage. The Optimus M is a metroPCS phone so I'm kind of confused by your post. You're probably better off looking into one of the 4G LTE capable phones. From what I've heard they have pretty wide spread 4G coverage (but I may be wrong).

3. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX
    The Optimus M is a 3G phone. 3G is in a limited few markets. I imagine that any of the Android phones are capable of 3G, if you have 3G coverage. There are several threads on here that talk about the Optimus M and now getting 3G coverage with MetroPCS.

4. davegale

davegale Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    I know the M says it is a 3G phone but it is not. I have asked many people on android forums and some have said no 3g and Metro has gone to 4g. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area but my biggest problem is download speeds are sad to say the least. Downloading Youtube was only available if you had WiFi. When I first bought the phone I went to Youtube and asked why so slow. ZEROUNIVERSALDRIFT, who is a knowledgable person on the M told me so. He has several videos on it. I just don't know why the 3g can't be like the 3g phone from Verizon...Dave

5. atl809

atl809 Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    SFL
    you should read the other posts!
    http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/388511-i-got-3g-my-lg-optimus-m-yea.html
    this phone "IS" 3G capable. Metro decided to move to LTE and keep 1x(2G) instead of moving to 3G. which means if metro had 3G, which they do in some areas your phone will get 3G. dont expect to see Verizon-fast 3G because they will cap it at around 200kbps or so in order to get their LTE(4G) network working properly and in more areas.

6. edgchacon

edgchacon Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I came from a 2G iPhone and I have never really "experienced" 3G speeds on any phone. By far the Optimus is a better experience.

I live in the East Bay... wishing I also had 3G...

7. davegale

davegale Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    I live in central contra costa county, look at my post under "youtube" and look at what the others say, it isn't just me. I know some people love it and believe me I wish I could say the same, and maybe one day I will as the savings would be worth it. I am going to wait and see what is next on the menu for Metro. Don't be offended... I am in an area that should have no trouble. I will try again, and I hope all of you have great luck and enjoy your phones...Dave

Tags: