• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi guys, I was just thinking, I know we have Viber, which does what I am about to talk about, but seriously, when is Google/android going to bring this built into the firmware (text and calls through VOIP or through your data connection/WiFi). Apple started doing it a while ago now, and I think it's about time Android should start to see this feature come into there phones. I use Viber (which is an app on Google play, if you don't have it I recommend you get it, its amazing) all the time, and I think it would be awesome if Google did something like this built into the firmware, similar to Apples iMessage, but Android could go one step further and include calls like Viber does too.

Thoughts?

I've never used iMessage, but it sounds like an equivalent service to google talk, which is an instant messager that lets you send messages to your google contacts. You can access it on the gmail website and with a desktop application too. It is pre-installed on most phones, so you'll probably find it on yours. You can grab it on the market if not though.

As for calls, that exists too as google voice, which also integrates into your contacts along with gtalk. Unfortunately for you and I however, it's only accessible in the USA at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones