• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wher eto purchase Evo Sprint or Best Buy?

There seem to be some misperceptions here. If you purchase from a Sprint authorized dealer (whether BestBuy, RadioShack, Wirefly.com, or your local independent dealer), then you still have your choice of insurance or protection plans. So if you do not prefer the protection plans from BestBuy or Wirefly, you can still get Sprint's insurance service (billed monthly on your Sprint bill). Just call Sprint to add it after your phone is activated.

If you want to return your device within the 30 day satisfaction guarantee period, it must be returned to the dealer where you purchased it. Aside from that, as long as you purchased from an authorized Sprint dealer, you can always bring your device to any Sprint store for equipment issues.

Reactions: ceabbott2
Upvote 0
I went with Best Buy. It was simply the extra $500 up front cost that swayed me. In the past I have always used the Tmobile stores when I was with TMobile but now that I am with Sprint I just don't get the $100 Mail In Rebate. Sure one or two phones not a big deal but when you have a family plan and five Evos. Well it just a lot more upfront cost for not much more benefit. Gotta go at the fire station.Thanks to everyone for all of your helpCharles

Upvote 0
If I was buying five EVOs, I'd definitely go with the Wirefly/Bing Cashback deal. $110 sale is gone but it's still $140 with no sales tax after $50 BCB, compared to $212 at BestBuy for me. That's $360 less than BestBuy if you're getting 5 phones.

I was really considering them but I kept hearing on (Evo Forums) that they went out of business as a different company that it was difficult to get mail in rebate out them. Don't kow the validty but whenever I see that many complaints about the same company I tend to shy away.:( I will look at them a little closer the next time.

Thanks Charles.:)

Upvote 0
Is there a reason to purchase the Evo from the sprint store as opposed to BB? I mean if I buy four Evo's the up front out of pocket cost at the Sprint store is $1200 whereas BB it's only $800. I heard the mail in rebates end on July 10 so will they not offer the rebate at the Sprint Store? Surley there is some reason to buy from the Sprint store. BB said the sprint rep will waive activation fees. Like I said four Evo's and a phone for my dad (he is 85) so he needs more of an easy to use phone...nothing complicated. Any thoughts from the Sprint/HTC gurus?
confused.gif
Any recommendations on the current phones offered by Sprint? We will have an Everything Family Plan

Thanks for your time.

Charles Abbott
Doesn't really matter where you get it but they are cheaper at Best Buy. You have the $100 mail in rebate with Sprint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones