1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "Where" App - Cant download or install

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djnas786, Mar 14, 2011.

1. djnas786

djnas786 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Toronto
    Hey guys,

Needed some help. I recently saw the "Where" app on the desktop web version of android market. I tried to install it to my Rogers Captivate but I am not able to even download it. I found the APK file on another site and when you hit install it, just comes back with in error saying Application not installed..

Anyone know why I cannot install this? Is this becuase of my carrier or is does this have something to do with my Captivate?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

Advertisement

2. btswein

btswein Guest
    None
    Yeah, AppBrain tells me to update it, but it can't find it in the Market either. Do you actually use it? It's a subscription-based app IIRC.

3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    i know with att it is a subscription app you have to pay for. if youre rooted you can uninstall the version that came on the phone and then install it again and get it for free and the updated version as well

4. dipole

dipole Lurker
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    You need to use MarketAccess on a rooted phone and change the code to verizon and then you'll see it on the market app and be able to install it.

5. DaNaRkI

DaNaRkI Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    When I tried to get it via the PC android market, it said "not supported by my carrier" tho I'll never use it, i do try to keep all my apps fully up to date. Still odd since it came stock when I got my phone.

6. dbwill

dbwill Member
    None

Dec 9, 2010

Can you tell me how to do this?

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Android Enthusiast
    None

yea it dont make since AT&T putting a verison app on its phone???? whats funny i thought i did something ot my cappy and couldnt use this app so i took it back to the store i bought it and the people there had no clue as to why it wouldnt work. they even tried other phones in their store and none of them worked. well DUH its a verison APP.....