• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where are all the Android ladies at? Let's stick together

They both sound cool, OTD, 'specially dad and his texting you about apps, etc.

I can't believe my kid, she's 99% Apple stuff (MacBook, iPod, etc) and the other 1% Blackberry (her beloved Tour). :mad:

She does "approve" of my Fascinate, at least. :rolleyes:

Where is the Sympathy for me?
Me Mom uses a Nokia S30 and my Dad uses a Nokia S40!!!
:(

Upvote 0
Female here as well (Tsjoklat:Chocolate=deadgiveaway if you ask me). Had a LG GW620, which was a total disaster. Three phones in six months, all ended up with broken screens. Beside the screen I really liked the phone. Last week I got a HTC Wildfire. A whole new world and theming it is challenging! :)

@Kaessa: in your sig it says: Poor Richard Text Icons but the link does not work?

Upvote 0
Female here as well (Tsjoklat:Chocolate=deadgiveaway if you ask me). Had a LG GW620, which was a total disaster. Three phones in six months, all ended up with broken screens. Beside the screen I really liked the phone. Last week I got a HTC Wildfire. A whole new world and theming it is challenging! :)

@Kaessa: in your sig it says: Poor Richard Text Icons but the link does not work?

Sorry, made that link last night when I was really tired, let me fix it. Give me a few, I'm on the phone at the moment. :)

Upvote 0
You are actually USING (besides theming it) the phone?? LOL ;)

Thanks heaps, I just loooooooovvvvvvveeeee your text icons!

Yep, been on hold with the power company for the past 30 minutes. I'm about ready to hang up and call them back on Tuesday when they have more reps available. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just hold music, but they just. won't. shut. up.

I get it. All of our customer service representatives are busy with other customers. Turn off your appliances if your power goes out. All of our customer service representatives are busy with other customers. Buy fluorescent light bulbs for as little as a dollar while supples last. All of our customer service representatives are busy with other customers. Don't dig without calling. All of our customer service representatives are busy with other customers. I GET IT.

</rant>

Sorry. :eek:

Upvote 0
Yep, been on hold with the power company for the past 30 minutes. I'm about ready to hang up and call them back on Tuesday when they have more reps available. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just hold music, but they just. won't. shut. up.

I get it. All of our customer service representatives are busy with other customers. Turn off your appliances if your power goes out. All of our customer service representatives are busy with other customers. Buy fluorescent light bulbs for as little as a dollar while supples last. All of our customer service representatives are busy with other customers. Don't dig without calling. All of our customer service representatives are busy with other customers. I GET IT.

</rant>

Sorry. :eek:

I feel your pain. Elevator music would be better!

Upvote 0
Well I admit I'm a chauvinist. What I have noticed is that with all things technical the beauty of the woman is inversely proportional to the complexity of the device.

The more complex the device the uglier the girl (or in some cases the gender is somehow bent). This is true for phones, cars, TV's, you name it.

Upvote 0
Well I admit I'm a chauvinist. What I have noticed is that with all things technical the beauty of the woman is inversely proportional to the complexity of the device.

The more complex the device the uglier the girl (or in some cases the gender is somehow bent). This is true for phones, cars, TV's, you name it.
So what you're saying is that all supermodels have microwaves that blink 12:00, and female scientists are pig ugly?

Sexist much?

Reactions: pantlesspenguin
Upvote 0

Yes, you are a chauvinist.

And this thread is for girls....
Are you a girl?

Upvote 0
Could have not said it any better....Thanks for the clarification.

Actually I am offended that you compare some of those women to pigs. In most cases the pigs are much more attractive...

There are occasions were beauty and brains come together, but they are as rare as a visit from Haley's comet.

Upvote 0

wow.. you are a brave man!!!!!

i admire your guts to say this out loud!

from time to time... there are exceptions to the rule..

Upvote 0
Could have not said it any better....Thanks for the clarification.

Actually I am offended that you compare some of those women to pigs. In most cases the pigs are much more attractive...

There are occasions were beauty and brains come together, but they are as rare as a visit from Haley's comet.

Thanks for the clarification. You have self-identified as a sexist ass. Anything that you say from this point forward will now be ignored. Thanks for playing.

Upvote 0
And here I thought Android Forums was different.

Let me extend my sincere apologies from *most* of the male members of this forum for the previous comments. They are not "shared by many". Intelligence is not contraindicated by attractiveness in either gender. However prejudicial and narrow minded opinions are downright ugly and generally are an indicator of limited intelligence.

Don't take it personally. I was merely making an observation shared by many (even by many women I've met)

It's not about guts, it's about honesty and not being afraid to speak your mind.

If that's what you truly believe, you seriously need to expand your social circles.

Upvote 0
Let me extend my sincere apologies from *most* of the male members of this forum for the previous comments. They are not "shared by many". Intelligence is not contraindicated by attractiveness in either gender. However prejudicial and narrow minded opinions are downright ugly and generally are an indicator of limited intelligence.

If that's what you truly believe, you seriously need to expand your social circles.

Thank you, that's good to hear. I've been a female in a male dominated field (computer tech) for a looong time. I just get so. freaking. sick. of hearing this stuff over and over again... and they have no idea why it's sexist.

I won't go, I've met plenty of great people here... and I like it here. I just wasn't expecting to find that kind of attitude here. I'm not sure why. *sigh*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones