1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where are all these pictures coming from?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ProxisTech, May 17, 2011.

1. ProxisTech

ProxisTech Member

Anyone know why I have HUNDREDS of photos and videos in my "Gallery" under "All Downloads". It seems every email I get that has any sort of photo in it, the photos gets downloaded to my TBOLT. Even if someone is silly enough to have an HTML wallpaper in their email, that gets downloaded too. I cant figure out how to make this stop. Anyone know?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Yes, HTC caches your webpages and such to speed things up. It's a good idea to delete the cache every couple of days depending on how heavy you use your device

3. ProxisTech

ProxisTech Member

Yes Thanks but its not just my web browsing. Its also caching images from every email I get too. This is ridiculous. I dont need every little snipit of graphics from every email I get, many of which I delete anyway.

4. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

Agreed! I don't seem to even be able to delete them in the Gallery. I select to open and Gallery crashes or closes. I've ended up deselecting them (all the files with numbers as titles) in the album show option.

Worm... delete cache for browser and for email??

Seems like I saw somewhere a setting that would stop them from being shown in the Gallery, but cannot find it now.

5. Alexander1977

Alexander1977 Lurker

Are you using Touchdown for Exchange? I know when I started using it it auto downloaded every picture and saved it in my Gallery. If you are using TD, go to settings, advanced and check the box that says "Exclude attachments from Gallery".

6. ProxisTech

ProxisTech Member

The fix, at least for me, on this was to go into the mail settings and uncheck automatic download of attachments. Apparently it looks at EVERYTHING as attachments even HTML backgrounds and photos embedded in HTML emails, in addition to real attachments. I just have to DL what I want manually, which for me is not frequent or a problem.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews